Friday 2 January 2015

Welcome & Introduction!

Hi there!

Welcome to momece! This blog is a place for me to share some of the activities, adventures and a few special moments I experience with my daughter with all of you. I have been on this incredible learning journey of motherhood for over a year and am constantly amazed at how much and fast my baby is growing and learning.

In addition to being a mom, I'm an early childhood educator (ECE) and worked at a child care centre where I cared for groups of children aged three to eight years old. While I had some experience with infants and toddlers when completing school placements, it was completely different being a parent to an infant!  I felt like no amount of schooling or books could have prepared me for the first few months of being a mother.  

My daughter walking in the park
My daughter is an active, vivacious and loving toddler now and I am finding myself having to come up with learning experiences for her much like I did while I worked as an educator.  This blog will be a place where I will document some of what I will try with my daughter in an effort to engage her in activities that are developmentally appropriate, safe and fun!  I will be honest about what worked and what needed improvement & tweaking.


I hope you will join me in my journey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment